Sunday, November 20, 2011

Corrective Action for Kids, the Air Force way

     The last 24 hours has been full of drama and misbehavior. I was up most of the night (1) my daughters had a sleep-out in the living-room last night (2) my two oldest daughters got into a huge blow up. The fights continued on throughout the day. So, I was thinking how easy would life be if parents could correct behavior the Air Force way. Maybe tomorrow I will write my two oldest daughters a letter of counseling outlining their behavior, citing the contract rule they broke. I could also add in there what their future consequences would be. I think I might just create a PIF (personnel information file) on them to retain this documentation, so when we have conversations that result in the girls arguing with me about what their behavior has been in the past I will have proof.  I could give them 3 days to respond and maybe they would think about what they did and write me a well thought out letter. The shear thought of this idea is cracking me up, but I think I just might try it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment