Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Feeling the need to control something....

...so this morning, after not being able to wear my jeans comfortably, I text-ed my husband to no longer make snack runs for me. 
     I am so frustrated trying to do right by my family and myself.  It is just as hard for me to not eat crap as it is for them.  Maybe even harder because I am the only one that seems to care about our eating habits, so I feel guilty if I eat garbage.  So, when I met up with my friend and her son we of course got to chatting about organic food and expense.  Her family is pretty much organic.  I wish I was that strong to not give into the yummy cupcakes and the corner store....mmmmmmm.   She made the comment to me that they give up a lot to eat right and that her husband even gets made fun of at work.  Then I got to thinking, well...maybe we can do this if everyone is supportive of each other. 
     I finally made it home after my taxi runs with the kids and I started going through my cabinets, taking inventory of what I had and what I needed, searched through my coupons (few of which are for organic food...darn!) and put my shopping list together.  When my husband came home, I tried to talk to him about it and like usual he just make a joke out of it. Now, I am mad and realizing how hard it is to be in charge of a household.  It is nothing like being in the military.  My requests are ignored and what can I do about it, nothing?  This is when I get into my "look, I am in charge, do what I say" mood which is not very productive in my household, so I need to come up with a better tactic.
1st - I am going to do the shopping like always and this family will get what they get
2nd - I am going to put in place Operation Everyone Eats a Healthy Breakfast (by finding crockpot breakfast recipes so my 3 early birds can eat before they leave)
3rd - I am going to keep nagging about making eating healthy a priority (does not really work, but makes me feel better)
As I was typing this my husband just walked by me with shoes on...ugh...I am always being ignored! I hate when he tracks sticker/poky things into the house, that is why we have the no shoes on the carpet rule during the fall and winter!!!  This Mom needs to find a way to get this family shipshape :D

No comments:

Post a Comment