Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Dreaded First Job Interview - check

My first interview experience was not too terrible...THANK GOODNESS! I went to my first interview today and was terrified.
 pic c/o www.123rf.com
I had the bright idea to go early in case of traffic. I arrived 1 hour early, so I sat in the parking lot. Then I thought I might get lost looking for the office, so I entered the building 30 minutes prior to my appointment thinking that I would meander around while looking for the office. SURPRISE! There are helpful people here. After a nice lady walked me to the office telling me about her week, I arrived in the office 25 minutes prior to my appointment. OH NO! I am not supposed to be this early.
pic c/o careerealism.com
I introduced myself to the person at the front desk. I really loved her shirt and told her so, so no need for a fake complement. SCORE! Then the unexpected happen. The CEO came out and introduced himself and asked me some questions which caught me a little off guard, but it was simple chitchat and then he announced why he was inquiring. He said "I googled you." That made me smile. He seemed really laid back! I like that!
pic c/o www.acetheinterview.com
The interviewer, which I am pretty sure would be my boss if I landed the position took me to the conference room. She had me sit anywhere I was comfortable. NICE! I was so excited that it was more like a conversation than an interrogation. I learned a lot about the position and about the company. I did stumble on my words a few times trying to not use military talk and may have gotten a little too excited at times (part of my charm).
pic c/o www.dreamstime.com
The most embarrassing part was my leaky nose. SERIOUSLY! Now my nose wanted to run and just enough to tickle me and make me feel weird. I fumbled in my purse while trying to keep eye contact, grabbed a tissue, dabbed my nose and kept with the conversation. I really hope I did not seem like a spaz.
pic c/o medixstaffingsolutions.blogspot.com
All in all I think it went well and if it does not pan out, I at least got some experience interviewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment