Friday, March 22, 2013

Canning Therapy

After a crappy couple of days I was feeling really blah when I got home today. I do not want to talk about the crappy stuff, instead I want to talk about the happy stuff (what I did to feel better).

The best thing that could have happened, did happen. My husband took my 3 oldest daughters skating with an awesome Groupon I found a few weeks ago. Why is this awesome? It is because they are out of my hair? Well, sort of.
It was just me and Charlie. I had just came home from the store this evening with lots of fruit in tow. I decided to can some jam. Did I stop at just one jam? Nope! I canned two types of jam, a jar of peach pie filling, and two simple syrups. You see, I was given a gift tonight. That gift was a reminder of what I love to do. I love to be creative and make things. It really CAN be anything as long as I am making it. It puts me in a good mood and is kind of like therapy to me.
**Orange Mint Simple Syrup, Lemon Ginger Simple Syrup, Ginger Infused Honey, Cardamom Peach Pie Filling, Rhubarb-Strawberry Jam, Spiced Plum Jam. (Simple Syrup is just one part sugar and one part water, boil, steep what you want in it for how ever long you like until it takes good :D)**

Not that I do not love my family, but not having them here expecting things and time from me was refreshing and gave me a chance to get over my bad mood.

By the way - If someone ever says being married does not change you, they lied! I do so many things that make my husband happy that I did not do before and he does the same for me. The same goes for being a parent. I split my time between doing things that make 5 other people happy and sometimes I forget myself. lol

I am sure you are wondering what Charlie was doing while I was "jamming." Well...she was jamming too. This little one entertained herself with Just Dance 4 for at least an hour and a half. I danced a bit with her too. She loved picking the "girl songs" for me.

So, tonight was awesome! I exercised, made stuff and feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment