Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Journey-Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day (PAILRD). I suffered a miscarriage 5 years ago and I just now found out about this. Everyone is aware of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I am not denying the importance of this. I do wonder why a woman (me) who lost her baby and has been struggling with how to remember this important person every year, did not know about this important day.



I lost my beloved little boy, Cory, in August 2008 and then gave birth to my beloved little Charlie in August 2009. Every August before now, I had struggled with how to celebrate Charlie's birthday without over shadowing it with my sadness for the little one I lost. This new discovery of PAILRD has finally made that possible thanks to the movie The Other Woman.

There was a beautiful scene in the movie that showed a remembrance celebration for infant loss that absolutely brought me to tears. I honestly do not cry much when it comes to this situation because I think I am still numb about it, but the beauty of remembering our little angels moved me. After the scene and before the movie ended I searched on the internet and found this website and many others like it. I also discovered groups I could join.

This discovery has brought me some much needed peace because I now have a new day to cherish and remember my little boy. I do not have a celebration near me, but I do plan on lighting a candle at 7pm like the websites suggest. I would like to ask others to do the same. Light a candle for my angel, other angels you may know of, or a stranger's angel. Leave it lit for an hour and imagine a wave of light going across the united states letting these little ones know that they are still loved and not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment