Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Journey - A Year Later!








It has been almost one year since my last blog post. I have been on a long journey since that day and I could not bring myself to write during that time. I am ready to write again.


My last post was about me taking care of myself, specifically through physical fitness and relationships. I will talk about my fitness journey in this post because, honestly, it is just easier.










I have continued lifting weights for the last year. I have gone through different workout partners that I have learned from. I have also lifted weights by myself. That is a little more challenging, but I refuse to quit. I have gone from bench pressing a 20lb baby barbell to my max of 185lbs. My body composition has changed and I like the way I look. My favorite is my #sexyselfieshoulders. I am by no means cut-I love food too much. However, I am strong and I love it!


Where should I start with running? I have this love-hate relationship with running now. I used to just hate it, so its improvement. I completed the Couch to 5K program just in time to do a 5K at my base. I acquired some new friends before hand and they ran with me the entire time even though I was super slow. I felt like a true super hero - it was the theme of the 5K. Oh man did my butt cramp up and I bitched the whole way, but it was so worth it. Since then, I have loved my sunrise runs with a good friend and many more 5Ks. Other days I have hated it, but did it any way. Cardio sure did a number on my body - good and bad. Good: I feel more fit and I am down 2 sizes. Bad: my knees get inflamed sometimes from old injuries. No pain, no gain, right?

Color Vibe 5K with Kairah








This journey was full of ups and downs. Right now I am on the down turn of this roller coaster, but that is okay. I am struggling with some health hiccups. It sure does make exercising tough, but I still do it. I don't beat myself up for missing a few days. I don't feel bad if I just couldn't be as awesome as I was last month. Do I still run 6 days a week, 3 plus miles each? No, I sure don't right now. But I wont let myself go more than 3 days without running. I just feel so much better after. 



For me, exercise is not about how I look, but how I feel. I still have my insecurities about my body. In some ways they are worse because I loved my fuller self. But I love the way I feel and the endorphins I get from exercise. So, there you have it! I have made quite the fitness transformation in a year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment