Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve!

I am so excited that it is Christmas Eve! This is the first time since 2008 that I have not been in my own house for Christmas. This year we traveled to my in laws in Texas for Christmas Vacation. I always get a little nervous when blending Christmas traditions from other families, but my in laws have been great. They are so laid back and I am sure they enjoy my cooky goofy ways.

Today I am baking cookies with my daughters. I already made gluten free sugar cookies with Kailah and Charlie. I found a recipe on my all recipe app for a simple sugar cookie. I substituted Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Mix for the flour and substituted half the butter with mashed banana. Everyone seems to like them.


As I am typing this, I am waiting to make Chocolate Chip cookies with Kairah and Kaijah. Kaijah's science teacher used the recipe to teach her students how to use measurements. So we got the mix in a cute jar and just have to add the wet ingredients. (picture to follow soon).

I am so enjoying Christmas music on my iPhone via iheartradio. I really love technology sometimes :D Charlie has had so much fun today singing and dancing to the music. She even sings some of the songs, although some of the lyrics might be a little different.We have also been tracking Santa on NORAD through the computer and my iPhone.

It has been a great Christmas Eve so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment