Monday, January 7, 2013

I feel Like the Court Fool

Maybe some of you will understand what I mean by the title, but in case you do not, the court fool was the entertainment for European royalty back in the day. They often juggled and did many other tricks and jokes.

My juggling act begins today. I recently started work/study which is basically working part time for minimum wage. I am also beginning 15 credit hours of school today. This is all on top of my duties as a mom and wife. Mondays and Wednesday are going to be the hardest. These two days will mark the first time in 4 years that I will not see any of my family from early morning until late at night.

I am very nervous about these two days because I AM the home maker and chef in the family. Who is going to ensure that my family has a delicious and nutritious meal. Last night I prepared as much as I could for my husband, so he could easily toss dinner together, but will I be able to keep this up? I know I am going to be tired and stressed. I will probably be a little mad too and feel sorry for myself.

I just keep reminding myself that this is my last semester and I can finally get out in the work force. I also try to be understanding in that I am not the only person being affected by my juggling act. My children and husband will also be affected. My husband will essentially become a single parent once again; juggling the girls' activities and drama. My daughters will be losing their best friend (at least I am that for now :D) and best cheerleader. Everyone will have to adjust.

Speaking of adjust. I find it interesting that things are so difficult at the beginning of change and by the time you are a pro at it something else changes. What is that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment