Monday, January 21, 2013

Spa Day - woot woot!

One thing my girls complain about the most lately is that I do not do "spa days" with them anymore. So today I decided to try somethings I have seen on pinterest and have a spa day.

Kairah and Kaijah have curly hair that gets very dry and damaged. So I tried the simplest natural (kitchen) hair treatment I found on pinterest (here). All I did was run coconut oil through their hair and wrap with cling wrap. I had them each sit under a "rigged" blow dryer for 15 minutes.
We did all of our other spa plans while they kept the coconut oil in their hair. I painted their nails. I do not do manicures any more because I figure they are old enough to remove polish and trim their own nails. Kairah had me do a design she found on pinterest (here).
Lastly, we "waxed" their eye brows with this sugaring recipe I found on pinterest (here). I used the first recipe. The hardest part for me was finding the perfect temperature to put it on. Either is was too hot or too hard, but we worked through it. Kailah even got in on this action :D .

BTW, I did Charlie's nails yesterday. Are they not just too cute!
The coconut treatment made their hair so soft and Kairah's curls even lay longer than they usually so. So I call that a success! Does anyone else do their own spa days at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment