Monday, June 17, 2013

Princess Week 2.0 Show and Tell

Week 2 of summer vacation was just as busy as the first.  I am probably going to be shunned for what I am about to type, but here goes: being a stay at home mom is a lot harder than being a working mom! 
I have done both and I am exhausted and feel less like myself now that I am back at home full time. 
The highlight of  the week was Charlie's Show and Tell on Friday. 
It was so adorable, so I wanted to share that instead of the blah blah blah boring stuff. 


Her first item to show was the Bell inspired crown she decorated (right). She decided that she should show off the Aurora one also. 
I was so proud of how she just jumped right in and started sharing. 
 Next, was the Ariel inspired "star fish" necklace. This was quite the activity. 
We made salt dough, cut it out, dried it, painted it and put it on a string. 
 She even shared her bead stringing song with us. 
Every time she strings beads she sings this wonderfully made up song about the colors. 
 This is her "magic carpet" coaster. She does not think its a coaster, but that was what the directions called it. 
She loves to just tell people about it. She still asks me if we can make it bigger. I might have to figure out a way to do that. 
 Lastly, she ran to her room and grabbed to pompoms my husband made her for Christmas.
She has been playing with these all week. 
Charlie did this wonderful cheer and I even caught the jump on camera. :D
All of the crafts we made we found on the Disney Family Fun Magazine website.
Of course we did lots of other things like cleaning, gardening and going to the beach. 
This upcoming week we start the Library Program which I hope means I do not have to plan as much.
The highlight of my existence this week...for me and only me...was canning corn with the Pensacola Can Can Club

No comments:

Post a Comment