Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Garden Discoveries


I went out to my garden after our mini rain storm this evening to check things out. Kairah's bed is starting to get a few sprouts from her second planting of the season. All of a sudden Kairah shouts "look mom, our pineapples are growing." Sure enough, what once looked like sad little decaying pineapple tops, now look like pineapple plants. It will take at least 20 months to get pineapples, but I am just so darn excited that some of my kitchen scraps are going to good use.





I also discovered that our, late in the season, planted grape vines are finally recovering thanks to all the good rain we have been getting. I hope to have some grapes next year.


I love how well my garden is turning out. It is not perfect, but I am having so much fun learning and discovering.

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment