Friday, July 13, 2012

Sewing Challenge - Day 5

Whew! The last few days have been hectic.

Wednesday I was able to do some pinning on my fabric, but not much else.

Yesterday (Thursday), I started sewing and then I had to hit the brakes because I made a mistake with the pattern. It took me about an hour to figure out where I went wrong. I decided to try to work with it, but my toddler would not cooperate in trying on what I had so far to make sure it would due. My frustration level was extremely high due to all the running around the last few days, some middle schooler attitudes, a feisty toddler, and the heat. So, I decided to call it quits for the night.

After sleeping last night and resting most of the day today, if you call reorganizing things resting, I decided to fix the pattern and re-cut the fabric. After fixing the pattern, I found out that I did not have as much fabric as I thought. Then I was only left with using what I had. After finally convincing Charlie to try the darn thing on (found out she was scared of the pins...lol) I saw light at the end of the tunnel. 

Tonight I got loads done on the project. I am not a complete rule follower and pinking shears sure makes it easy to skip some steps sometimes. All I have left now is hemming the shorts and adding the elastic, buttons and button holes.


 




I realize the best part of sewing clothes for your child is you can adapt it to their body type. Charlie is rather long and thin which makes it hard to find pants, shorts and skirts. If I buy the size that fits her waist, then they are too short or vice-verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment