Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sometimes you need to say yes to yourself...

Disclaimer: not my photo - was passed a bazillion times on Facebook so I am not sure of the origin.
 A few days ago a friend of mine posted this picture on my Facebook after we had a long PM (private message) session and phone conversation about how overwhelmed and under-appreciated I have been feeling lately.  I love doing things for other people! There is no doubt about that, but sometimes I do not get "thanks yous" or any nice gestures in return and it hurts. Or sometimes I get complete meanness and attitude and that makes me angry. I know I have been told things like this picture, in the past, but it does not hurt to be reminded of it, especial from a friend out of love.

So, the last few days I have been thinking about what I have on my plate now (4 kids at home all day, 2 summer reading programs, clarinet lessons, craft projects, house cleaning, budgeting, appointments, grocery planning and shopping, etc.) and what I have to look forward to when my kids start back in school (lets tack on 15 credit hours for me, 2 Girl Scout meetings, soccer practice and games, gymnastics practice, and entertaining a toddler all by myself). I also had to keep in mind that my husband will be tagged to help me with most of this. I had to make some big decisions about some social groups I am a part of and try to compromise on some of my kids activities. It made me feel so sad and guilty, but it also has given me some relief.

I would like to say thank you to my friend for giving me some good advice without shoving it down my throat and being there for me no matter what my decisions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment