Thursday, August 23, 2012

Annual August Road Trip Part II

After our busy day of shopping on day 4, I really needed to just relax on day 5. I decided to take Kailah, Kairah, and Kaijah to the movies. We went to see Step Up 4. They just love these dance movies. Their uncle Jeff is in quite a few of them, but did not participate in this one unfortunately because he is an awesome dancer. Any how, we really enjoyed the movie and the theater food. Seriously, everything IS bigger in Texas. My nachos were huge. I could not even finish them. One of the funniest things during the trip happened at the movies also. My goofy daughter got nacho cheese all over, not just one, but both of her bare feet. Kairah and I have a bad habit of taking our shoes off in theaters (usually mine are cold because I am wearing flippy flops so I bring socks to put on) and she forgot that she had put the nachos on the floor under her feet. She stepped right in it. I laughed so hard. The rest of the day we just relaxed. We had a big day ahead, our trip to Dallas.


We spent day 6 and 7 in Dallas. We stayed at The Great Wolf Lodge which has this awesome indoor water park that is included in your stay. I dropped Lew and the older girls off at Six Flags Over Texas and myself, my mother in law and Charlie visited Legoland. I cannot tell you much about the girls time at Six Flags because I was not there, but we had a great time at Legoland. I found it interesting that the mall in Dallas not only housed stores, but also Legoland and ...wait for it...wait for it... an Aquarium.....WHAT!? Legoland was pretty cool. We rode a ride kind of like Buzz Lightyear Space Rangers, played with lots of legos and watched a show. Charlie adopted a lego cow and played with that thing almost the entire time. It went down the slide and even went to the show with us. After Legoland we went back to the hotel and got busy in the water park. It was a blast. Charlie had to have gone down the "blue slide" over 20 times. This activity was a great lesson in following directions, being safe and standing in line. She had a few time outs for running and cutting in line, but she still had a great time. We ended the day at Joe's Crab Shack right before picking up Lew and the girls. I will say that there was not a lot of talking going on at the dinner table except for Charlie. My mother-in-law is married to a seafood hater, so it was awesome for her to have someone to enjoy some good seafood with. We chowed down! I even wore the bib.

The next day we ate at the Character Breakfast. The food was delicious! After breakfast, the older girls got to experience the water park. It was a ton of fun. We were having so much fun that we did not snap very many photos. Each of the girls got to spend time with each adult. I think most of us rode most, if not all, of the rides at least once. Charlie really enjoyed the wave pool and outside pool. Kairah loved the slides and Kaijah loved the big bucket o' water dump (had no idea what to call it). I think if we stay here again we should add a day or two and snag the package deal that includes Magi Quest (an interactive adventure in the hotel). We headed back to Killeen that evening after a fun filled, we were extremely tired, day.

To be continued...(we are up to 8 of our 10 day trip if you are trying to keep count)

No comments:

Post a Comment