Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Isaac Sent His Spawn to Visit Instead

Staying busy while waiting out the tornado warning.
A few hours ago we just finished two back to back tornado warnings (the spawn of Isaac). Apparently this is what happens when you are on the east side of a hurricane. I was not prepared for this. Either way, we took cover in the two safest places in the house: Charlie's bathroom and the laundry room. When the second warning happened during the first "take cover." I decided to run out and grab water and some snacks just in case we were under cover for a long period of time. Maybe not the smartest idea, but Charlie was so restless due to being hungry. On the way back to the bathroom I also grabbed a few things to keep her occupied. These items are now a permanent fixture in her bathroom until this thing is over.

pretty gross to have food in the bathroom, oh well

When we were able to come out we finished stocking up these areas with water, snacks, food for the dog, books, magazines, blankets, pillows, and medicine to calm the dog. It might seem like overkill, but taking cover with 6 people, 4 of them being children, for long periods of time in very tight spaces is just asking for drama. So, we are prepared for the next set of warnings.

I am also moving my two children that sleep on the opposite side of the house to my side of the house which is closest to our "safe" rooms. I have been through tornado warnings before, but this seems so much different than the other times, so I do not want to leave anything to chance.  This is some scary stuff!



I am so grateful that we do not have to experience a hurricane and at the same time I am sad for those who do. I hope everyone is as safe as possible.

Pictures from earlier:
Santa Rosa Island, Florida 28 Aug 2012
Gotta love the wind-blown hair-do
The birds taking cover from the wind
Some businesses remained open and some were boarded up and closed
My house is still boarded up. Better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment