Thursday, August 30, 2012

Isaac, You Little Trickster...You!

This storm has been an unpredictable mess. First it was headed right for us, but then went to Louisiana. Then it tricked us into thinking it would not do much damage by being just a Cat 1. Well, he sure showed us "I may be small, but I am slow, so let the rampage begin....buahahaha." Now, he waits until my children go back to school to start with his demon spawn again, tornadoes. This shows how we human beings really do not have control over anything but ourselves and our own personal decision. Everything else is circumstance and controlled by someone or something else.  
I wish all the best to those affected by this monster!




On a lighter note, I finally finished Charlie's apron thanks to the hubby being off and Isaac playing nice yesterday. I am also way ahead on homework, of which I plan to stay on that path.

Recently I have been asked to make lots of things for people. I would absolutely love to do this. Does anyone know of any way for me to keep it all straight and how I can try to stay on task to get them all done? I thought about doing a written list on my craft closet door and give myself suspense dates.  (the Air Force in me...lol)


I am also getting ready to make my first batch of french milled/triple milled/re-batch soap. This process helps to keep a stronger scent for essential oils (I am partial to these over fragrance). My planned scent will be a blend of tangerine, nutmeg, and patchouli. If it comes out awesome I will be making some lotion bars or whipped body butter in the same scent. I am also planning on experimenting with lip-balm too using tangerine, nutmeg and ginger. I have ensured they are all "lip-safe" essential oils, but I still only plan on using a hint of these in my balm recipe. So EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment