Monday, August 27, 2012

Where are you going Isaac? Don't you want me anymore!?

Apparently Isaac decided that Northwest Florida was not his ideal vacation spot. We are still keeping our boards up and preparing for the worst in case he changes his mind.

 
It was pretty nice out so I decided to take Charlie to the beach. She was so excited to see me in my swim wear when I woke her up that she sleepily jumped out of bed and immediately put on her swimsuit. The rest of the morning she added things to wear and bring. She even had me change "Baby" out of her nightgown into a swim suit. Look at those cute little pink wolf ears. I think those are quite appropriate for the beach.



I figured it would be red flag when we got there and I was right. I just really wanted to get her out of the house. I only grabbed a bucket and two shovels out of my large stock of beach gear.
We lasted all of about 5 minutes before the flies started biting us. The couple that left when we got there warned us and suggested staying close to the water, but that did not help.
Charlie was very sad about leaving. I had some coupon shopping to do, so I tried to make it up to her by letting her play a bit in the stores. They were quite empty so we were not bothering anyone. She even pushed the cart in one of them. Despite the disappointment, I think her morning turned out alright. I saved a total of 77% after all of my purchases. I am no extreme couponer, but I think I do alright. I also got her a donut and blue slushy so she was quite content when we got home.


We took a long nap and then the older girls and I began pulling our furniture from the yard in preparation for Isaac's tail that is supposed to hit us in a day or two. Charlie happily played on the back patio with her tricycle and chalk. It seems that she is quite ready for the storm. Look at that pretty pink scarf for the "snow."

No comments:

Post a Comment