Monday, August 20, 2012

Highs and Lows of the First Day of School

I have not forgotten about the rest of my vacation posts, but I thought it fitting to squeeze in a post about the first day of school (today for us).




The day began a little rough like all first days. I am very happy that I prepared school lunches the night before. I woke my middle schoolers, Kailah and Kairah, up 15 minutes after they ignored their alarms. They fought over the bathroom of course. I served them up a fourth of a Happy Shake. They were not impressed, but they still drank it. (I am happy to report that Kairah said she felt awesome today and I think it has something to do with the shake :D) They were ready on time. I snapped a photo and watched them leave for the bus.





Kaijah got up and was so not happy with the happy shake. It is always difficult to give her new things when she did not have the idea, but she eventually chugged it down. She tried to just throw something on and not do much with herself, but I convinced her to put a little more effort in. When she returned to me, she looked wonderful and handed me a necklace and earrings that she needed help with. Then her morning turned bad. The bus did not come to our house as it did last year. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with transportation trying to get information being transferred and hung up on. We usually take care of this at orientation, but transportation was not around after our orientation and had closed before I could call them. She was in tears. I felt so bad for her. I got Charlie out of bed and put her in the van in her PJs to take Kaijah to school and we found her bus on the way. I am sure the bus driver thought I was crazy because I watched it in my rear view and stopped when it did, waved it down and let Kaijah out. I did not want to be in the huge mess at school of parents that cannot let their kids go to school like normal on the first day.

The rest of the morning went smoothly. Charlie watched TV after breakfast while I tidied up the house. I even got all the dishes done and counters wiped down in the kitchen. I did my FLY mission, not only to my room, but everyone else rooms also. We made cupcake pops, colored, and played with blocks. It was so nice and peaceful.

After my nap, while Charlie was still sleeping, I got myself ready for my first day of school. Charlie got up 30 minutes later ready to play. We got her dressed and spiffed up. Then the drama began. Kailah and Kairah arrived home.

Even snapped a pic of Lew this morning :D
I do not know what happens to Kailah during the school day, but she almost always comes home with a crappy attitude and tired. They get home an hour before she has to start homework. This week "homework" is paperwork and organization time. I asked her to wash her lunch dishes and get a snack. She refused snack as always and fought with her sister over the sink. She gave up quickly and hit the sheets. I woke her up 10 minutes before homework time and I got the ugly monster in return. Gotta love teenagers! I guess dad will be filling out paperwork with her tonight or she can get in trouble at school.



Here I am, ready for my first day of school
Kairah had a wonderful day it seems. She was very chatty about her classes and sat at the table with me while I filled out her paperwork. She has some classes with her friends which to her means the world.

Kaijah has only been home for about 15 minutes, but she seems to be in a good mood. She said everything went well once we got her on the bus. She has a friend from last year in her class.

Charlie is now a hot mess! Hanging all over me and whining. She is a completely different person when her sisters are around.

I hope everyone had/has more highs than lows on the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment