Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Finally Put Some Paint on the Walls!

Who knew that painting was such a great work out. Boy am I sore from painting the living-room and one hallway yesterday. I started feeling my knees ache about half way in, but I kept pushing through. I absolutely love the color and I am looking forward to painting everything else we had planned on painting this color. I would like to share the blog that I got all my painting tips from Young House Love. It was quicker and less clean up this time around for us thanks to their help. 
I learned how to cut-in and bought a super special brush to do this. I am so thankful that I did not have to tape everything. If I did make a tiny mistake, I easily wiped it up with a wet rag. We did not put down any plastic either except under the paint bucket and tray itself. If we dripped (which only happened a few times) we were able to wipe that up also because we have linoleum floors <--- another time saver.
 Charlie even got in on the action. She was so patient with me and daddy being so busy, but by the time we got to the hallway, she was super jealous and wanted to paint. Thank goodness she listens so well. She was the only person that did not drip at all on the floor. She did accidentally get a door frame, but that came off super easy.
 Kaijah thought ^this^ was the perfect "mommy and me" picture. Even though I have a goofy look on my face I am sharing it because it will make Kaijah happy. The Valspar-paint & primer worked great at covering up the chalk-board paint.
 I taught Kaijah how to cut-in. She did great. Only a few dribbles on the baseboards, but she quickly wiped them up. I am sure many are thinking, "why are you painting your house this color when you have to sell it soon?" Well here is the answer: we bought this paint about 2 weeks before the assignment bomb hit us. I have struggled with what to do with it. I thought about selling it for a bargain, but in the end I really wanted to do something I love to this house before I have to give it up.
Kairah caulking. She has been working on the whole house little by little (also learned on YHL)
 I am kicking myself in the butt right  now for postponing all DIY projects until after we owned for at least a year. We wanted to marinate in the house to make sure that everything we did was what we really wanted. I probably would have picked a different color had I painted last year, so in a way it is good we waited.
With flash on - gotta love the photo bomb >>>
 Now I am debating what to do about the wall behind my couch (do not laugh at my broke-down thrift store couch. It is functional.). I was planning on putting gallery shelves there. I still might. If I sell, maybe the new owners will like it. If I end up having to rent, maybe it will keep my renters from putting a ton of holes in the wall. I hope I find a great web-source to look at to make them.
With flash off - that light spot is from the bay windows to the left of the pic. I love the light that comes in.
Before, way before, like when we first moved in before. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment