Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2013 Goals in Progress

We are half way through 2013, how are you doing on your goals for the year?
Here is how I am doing:


Focus on me: I am not doing to well in this area. I have started walking, but it is not just about me. I get my 13 year old up to training for the upcoming soccer season. I have been working on things I enjoy like sewing and canning, so that is a plus in this area. About 50% of the time I actually do something with myself instead of pajama-ing it.

See 5 new states: That has not happened at all. We seem to be creatures of habit and take the same vacation every year. I am just not comfortable in the finance area of our life to be adventurous. Maybe next year :D

Lose weight: I am not sure if I am losing weight because my scale is broken, but I have lost inches. I am not sure that it is due to anything I am doing. I think it is more my hormones doing, but I will take it either way.

Raise GPA: I finished out my Bachelor's Degree with straight As the last semester (6 of them to be exact). It did raise my overall GPA by a little.

Pay Off 50% of CC Debt: I have put a dent in it, but no where near 50%.

Find a job: I have not found a job and quit looking in May. As I wrote in another blog, I think the universe has different plans for me, so back to school I will go in the Fall.

Finish Backyard: We had grand plans for the backyard, but with the new information of a move in a year and a half, we better not sink that kind of money into a project that someone else may not want. It would just be a waste. I will still garden in that back corner until the end, but that is it.

Graduate college: Check! I finished my Bachelor's Degree in May. I have decided to keep moving forward with a certification or two and then a Master's Degree. I might become a forever student.

Finish the bedroom: The week that I had planned to start working on our bedroom is the same week we found out about our assignment, so we decided to not move forward with bedroom changes since what ever we do will more than likely not fit in a new place and future owners may not like it if we leave it.

Feed my spirit: For some reason this always ends up last on the to do list and by the time I find a way I am too exhausted. I really need to do better in this department.

I hope everyone else is having their own little successes. As long as you are moving forward, its all good!


No comments:

Post a Comment