Thursday, July 11, 2013

TEXAS, Always Doin' It Big

We took our annual road trip to Texas a little early this year. This time we get to be there for Lew's Birthday instead of Charlie's. That gives me an opportunity to have a little party for her at home. The last few years we have been doing the trips straight through with no overnight stops. 
It is a long 13 hour drive...
 I had the opportunity to see a beautiful sun rise off the bridge headed into Pensacola. Since, I was not driving yet, I was able to get this picture.

 After I got my coffee fix I was able to drive. The Starbucks people always find my order interesting. I bring my own milk when I do go (this is a treat for me now), so I have to very specific how I want it made. One of the girls almost convinced me to get the new orange spice one...yeah...no!
 The great state of Texas never ceases to amaze me. When everyone says "Everything is Bigger in Texas" they are not just talking about size. The Texans take great pride in their state and presentation. We had the opportunity to make a stop at a new to us rest-stop and I was simply amazed!
 Kairah was my lovely  model. I felt the need to document this wonderful rest-stop, but felt weird just taking pictures of it. There was artwork everywhere...
 ...including this beautiful mosaic in the lady's bathroom.
They even had a playground.
Charlie only spent a few minutes out here because she said it was too hot.

Our trip was so easy. I was super proud of our packing.
We could actually see out of the window in the back.

Everyone was polite and quiet for the most part, unless we were playing a loud game or talking to one another. We brought plenty of food to eat and only spent $5 at a fast food place for ice cream. 

I would have to say the funniest moment of the trip was when Lew took Charlie to the restroom at a Lowe's. He tried to take her in the men's restroom, but Charlie refused (in front of witnesses) and said "No. I go in the girl one. It has a dress. I go by myself." The place looked safe enough, so he let my 3 year old go in a public bathroom alone. He was kind of in shock and did not know what to do. She was very polite when she said it and he did not want to drag a screaming kid into the men's bathroom. Of course when he came out side he said, "you get to take her from now on since you taught her that." I laughed so hard. Later in the week I did not laugh so hard any more because my baby is all grown up and going into stalls with out ME now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment