Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sea World - The No Plan Experiment

My family knows how much of a control freak planner I am. I like to be prepared for anything and not do things the stupid less smart way. My plans always include other's opinions and feelings. I try to make sure that everyone will be happy as much as I possibly can. I try to make a decent budget and stick to it.
Well I threw that all out the window when we went to Sea World in Texas because it was my husband's Birthday and wanted to make him happy. I would like to share my experience with just rolling with it.


I am going to just type it right now: I HATED IT! It was miserable to me. I am not quite sure how everyone else felt about it, but I know that I argued much more with the hubby and felt completely un-cared about during our time at the park.

The top 5 things I hated about not planning the trip to Sea World
Add caption
5. Unnecessary Walking
Because we did not plan our route and the shows we wanted to see, we walked back and forth numerous times. I am super happy the park was not too big, but my feet hurt more than they probably should have.
Charlie's first Big Girl Ride - rode it 3 times
4. Not Everyone Got to Ride the Rides 
Because we did not make our normal ride and show wish lists, some people did not get to go on the rides they wanted to even though others in our party did ride those rides. Kairah and I do not like riding fast roller coasters. So, while others went to ride the roller coaster, Kairah and I took Charlie to the kiddie water area. We were expecting the others to just ride that ride, when in fact they rode that ride a few times plus the other ride that Kairah wanted to ride. This would not have happened had I planned the entire schedule.
I'm not the only controlling one - rearranging rocks
3. Unnecessary Waiting
While the others were out riding rides (which I was wondering why it was taking so long), Kairah, Charlie and I waited for them at the show we were all to meet at. We waited and waited and waited. We even missed part of the show because we were waiting for the rest of our party.
2. Inconsideration
Not only did Kairah not get to ride her ride, but I also got my feelings hurt because I was left with everyone's stuff while waiting. The other people in our group did not consider the fact that I was being "expected" to hand carry all of our stuff into the show. While I sat waiting for them, they went into the show and texted "where are you sitting?" I was very offended and hurt (which just added to my anger because I hate waiting on people).
1. Arguing
Not having a plan just led to arguing between me and my husband. We argued about everything: what to see next, why one of us is not making a decision, when and where to eat, how long to stay, what to buy, how much to spend, etc.

My husband and I talked about it the next day and realized that even though my family complains about how much I control things, it really does make things work better in the end. I absolutely do not mind all the work I have to put into planning a spectacular trip to anywhere. I really do enjoy it. I hope that the next time we go somewhere I will not get any arguments over my schedule :D

I think I see some blog posts in my future about how crazy I get about planning. Maybe I should have the hubby write about his experiences dealing with it...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment