Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Playing hooky :D

So I am coming to an end on my work/study contract and have only a few weeks worth of hours left. My boss is on leave and there is nothing going on but scheduling appointments, so I decided to play hooky today with Charlie. My co-worker is more than capable of taking care of business (he was doing it by himself before I came along).

It was a lovely day off!
We slept in a bit which was exceptionally nice since Charlie slept through the night. Something she has not done in about 3 weeks. I started laundry, made our beds, swept the sand covered floor, and cuddled on the couch with my baby and a cup o' joe.
 I worked in my garden a little. I pulled up my carrots before he got too hot here for them. (These are now roasted for dinner tonight) I think they did alright for a late start and compacted soil. These crazy Florida weeds are out of control. It is going to take many more hours in the garden to whip it into shape. 
 Charlie and I hung out on the porch a lot today. She loves her crib-turned into-seat. She loves it so much she does not like anyone else but me and her to sit on it. Good thing it was just us today :D . 
 She brought me the cards, so I decided to teach her how to play Go Fish. I tried my best not to cheat since she would show me her whole hand. I stayed focused on teaching her how to play. She loved "going fish." She tried to skip to that sometimes...lol.
 Later, I got to watch Ariel do yoga, make a cool "Dr. Princess Charlie" sign, and listen to her perform check ups on her babies patients. All that while working on my sewing project of the moment. 
 Charlie wanted so bad to help me with my project, so I compromised and gave her a sewing lesson. She made Pluto a wonderful pillow that he loves.  
In the late afternoon I took Kairah and Charlie to the park after going by UPS (I love to combine trips, saves gas). Charlie was a butt in the beginning, but ended up enjoying herself later on. Kairah and Charlie fought over putting sand on my feet...hilarious how they fight over me. Then, we went to get snowballs...yum! It pays to go places with Mom sometimes. My older kids understand that now because I do not always bring stuff back. I know, such a meanie. 

This has been a great day. All that is left is dinner and down time! Yippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment