Monday, May 20, 2013

Summertime Stumped

"I mustache you for advice" - Valparaiso Library Summer 2012
So, now that I have decided to quit looking for work during the summer I now have the stress of keeping us busy. My Middle-schoolers are the biggest challenge right now. It is hard for them to contemplate doing anything but sitting around the house and watching the boob-tube.


I personally have challenged myself to read as many "classic" books as I can. I never took the school reading assignments seriously (I have no idea how I passed my classes sometimes) and I feel that I have missed out on some great reading. Maybe my older girls will join me.

Summer Book List (feel free to comment with better choices)
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
The Awakening - Kate Choplin
Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Stranger - Albert Camus
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Price and Prejudice - Jane Austin
Anthem - Ayn Rand

Valparaiso Library - Summer 2012
As far as my little, I am hoping that she will go, happily, to the library program that is listed for 8 and under. I think these free community programs are "tha bomb" and wish I would have went to them when I was a kid.
Navarre Beach - August 2012
We are definitely going to hit up the beach and most likely the parks (on breezy days). Of course we have the yard to work on and mass amounts of craft supplies strewn all over every inch of the house (at least in my husband's head it seems that way).
Kids On Campus, NWFSC - Summer 2012
If the older girls do decide to remain in the house, they will swelter from 1pm-6pm, thanks to my new electricity plan that we signed up for in the hopes of saving on our bill. If that does not get them out of the house, nothing will! Unless YOU have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment